What is Summer Fun Run Series?
Stay active and explore Hendricks County this summer with Hendricks County Parks & Recreation’s Summer Fun Run Series.
Runners and walkers are invited to meet at a different local park each Wednesday evening between 6-7 p.m. to complete a 1-mile or 5K course. The family-friendly events will not be timed and registration is not necessary. Courses will be clearly marked and water will be provided for participants.
Two Brownsburg parks will be featured in the running series: Arbuckle Acres and Williams Park. This is a great opportunity to get active, meet community members, and spend time exploring all that our local parks have to offer.
Complete at least 9 of the 12 scheduled runs in order to qualify for a free shirt!
Fun Run Schedule:
- June 4th: Ellis Park, Danville
- June 11th: McCloud Nature Park, North Salem
- June 18th Arbuckle Acres, Brownsburg
- June 25th Hendricks Regional Health YMCA, Avon
- July 2nd: No fun run scheduled
- July 9th: Vandalia Trail, Amo
- July 16th: Williams Park, Brownsburg
- July 23rd: Al and Jan Barker Sports Complex, Plainfield
- July 30th: Hummel Park, Plainfield
- August 6th: Avon Town Hall Park, Avon
- August 13th: Plainfield Recreation & Aquatic Center, Plainfield
- August 20th: Hendricks Regional Health YMCA, Avon
- August 27th: McCloud Nature Park, North Salem
Get more information at the Hendricks County Parks and Recreation website.