Do you find yourself wondering where to drop off recycling in Hendricks County? Are you ever unsure about what can be accepted at local recycling centers?
The Hendricks County Solid Waste Management District operates 24-hour recycling drop-off facilities in Coatesville, Lizton, North Salem, and Stilesville.
Hendricks County residents are encouraged to think about subscribing to curbside recycling through a private provider. Regulations do not allow the District to locate recycling drop-off locations in geographical areas where curbside recycling is available. Ray’s Trash Service and Republic Services offer curbside recycling to much of the county.
If you plan to drop off items for recycling, there are a few important things to keep in mind:
- Recyclable items should be loose in recycling bins. No materials should be bagged, with the exception of shredded paper.
- Food containers should be rinsed. Food container lids should be removed and discarded.
- Break down cardboard to conserve bin space.
- If you’re not sure an item is recyclable, throw it out.
The following items are accepted:
- Most plastic containers
- Metal and aluminum cans
- Glass bottles or jars that held food or beverages
- Milk or juice cartons, juice boxes
These items are not accepted:
- Plastic bags
- Scrap metal
- Building materials
You can learn more about the Hendricks County Solid Waste Management District here.