Are you looking for an active summer challenge? Check out the 13th Annual Hendricks County Summer Fun Run Series, presented by The Parks Foundation of Hendricks County and Hendricks Regional Health.
This weekly run/walk series is a great way to explore Hendricks County Parks. Due to popularity, last year’s virtual event is back for 2021!
The race entry fee of $35 for an individual or $100 for a family of four helps support parks and trails in Hendricks County. Registration includes access to the Racejoy app, which you’ll use to check-in, follow the course, and submit your results each week. You’ll also receive weekly email updates, a t-shirt, and access to safe and convenient racing at 14 parks Hendricks County Parks.
Funds raised support local park department projects like these:
- Adding conservation signage on the new White Lick Creek Greenway in Brownsburg
- Planting trees and flowers in Gary Eakin Park in Danville
- Additional special events seating at Avon Town Hall
See the schedule below and make sure to complete your run or walk during the Hendricks County Summer Fun Run dates listed for each park. Since this is a virtual event, you can participate at the time that works best for you within that timeframe. You can also bring four-legged friends or strollers to explore the parks with you!
2021 Hendricks County Summer Fun Run Dates
- May 26th-June 1: McCloud Nature Park
- June 2nd-8th: Al and Jan Barker Sports Complex, Miracle Field
- June 9th-June 15th: Arbuckle Acres Park
- June 16th-June 22nd: Washington Township Park
- June 23rd-29th: Gary Eakin Park
- June 30th-July 6th: Williams Park
- July 7th-13th: Avon Town Hall Park
- July 14th-20th: Vandalia Trail, Amo Trailhead
- July 21st-27th: Hummel Park
- July 28th-August 3rd: Helen Pecar Memorial Park
- August 4th-August 10th: Hendricks Regional Health YMCA
- August 11th-August 17th: Scamhorn Park
- August 18th-August 24th: W.S. Gibbs Memorial Park
- August 25th-August 31st: Cardinal Park and B&O Trail
You can learn more and register here. What are your favorite ways to explore Hendricks County Parks in the summer?