Ice skating at Penguin Park is back! You can go skating, rent an igloo, or even host a birthday party at this special synthetic ice rank in Avon.
Located at Washington Township Park, the rink will be closed on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, and New Year’s Day. Online registration is required for most events at the skating rink this year due to COVID-19.
Admission is $8 per person, skates included. Spectators and children ages 3 and under are admitted for free.
Open Skate at Penguin Park
No registration is required for open skate dates.
- Saturday, December 4th 1:00-4:00 p.m.
- Sunday, December 5th 12:00-2:00 p.m. & 3:00-5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, December 11th 12:00-3:00 p.m. & 3:00-5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, December 18th 12:00-2:00 p.m.
- Sunday, January 2nd 12:00-2:00 p.m. & 3:00-5:00 p.m.
Holiday Skate at Penguin Park
Register for holiday skating. A waiver is required for each skater.
- Monday, December 20th-Thursday, December 23rd 2:00-4:00 p.m. & 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Monday, December 27th-Thursday, December 30th 2:00-4:00 p.m. & 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Igloo rentals are available on Fridays from 6:00-8:00 p.m. as well as Saturdays and Sundays from 12:00-2:00 p.m. or 3:00-5:00 p.m. The $100 rental fee includes 10 skate rentals and the igloo holds up to 15 people. You can add additional skaters for $6 each. Rent a fire pit for an additional $20. Electrical outlets, tables, and chairs are available.
Igloos can also be rented for birthday parties. This includes the igloo, tables, chairs, ice skating for up to 10 kids, rink games, a visit from the penguin mascot, pizza, drinks, cupcakes, and everything you need to throw a birthday party–including clean up. The birthday party rental fee is $200.
Walk-ups are only available for open skate. Concessions are available and Penguin Park only accepts credit cards.
You can learn more about Penguin Park here.