On Saturday, October 20, 2018, the Parks Foundation of Hendricks County and Hendricks County Parks & Recreation will host their annual Fall Colors Run, which is immediately followed by the popular Fall Colors Festival at McCloud Nature Park.
Fall Colors Run
The Fall Colors Run begins at 9 a.m. You can warm up near a campfire before running or walking a one mile or 5K course surround by the beautiful fall foliage at McCloud Nature Park. This untimed event benefits Hendricks County Parks and is sponsored by Hendricks Regional Health. Space is limited and advance registration is required. The one mile course is $20 per person, and the 5K is $30 per person. A family of four can register for $60. Get more details and register here.
Fall Colors Festival
The Fall Colors Festival will take place from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. All activities except the hayride are free to enjoy. The festival is free to attend and appropriate for all ages. Here are the activities to look forward to during the festival:
- Decorate a pumpkin
- Complete a scavenger hunt within the McCloud Prairie Maze
- Get your face painted by The Purple Palette
- Throw an atlatl (ancient hunting weapon)
- Observe honeybees in their habitat
- Climb a tree
- Try archery with Hendricks County 4-H Shooting Sports
- Operate an apple cider press
- Hike any of the 6.5 miles of trails
- Play yard games hosted by Brownsburg Parks & Recreation
- Go on a hayride ($5/person or $10/family of any size)
You can find out more about the Fall Colors Run and Festival here.